Your New Favorite Go-To "Cheesy" Cauliflower Soup
Hi! It's been a hot (haha) minute since I shared a recipe with you guys, hasn't it? I REALLY love creating nourishing delicious recipes like this "cheesy" cauliflower soup. You know what I don't love? Taking photos. I have a huge number of recipes to share with you guys, so if someone would like to just come take some photos for me that'd be great. ;-)
Despite my lack of enthusiasm for food photography, I felt like I couldn't keep this simple, nourishing, totally comforting soup from you any longer. Don't let the photo deter you...this bowl is packed with flavor and I know you're going to love it.
I created this on a whim one night when I still felt kind of snarky (haha..thanks autocorrect...I"ll try not to take offense to that)... SNACKY. For the record, that is a word. I wanted something that was warm, comforting, healthy, and voluminous but not super caloric since this was
kind of round two for dinner. I threw together a few of my favorite ingredients and this delightful bowl of soup was born. And then it went on repeat. Last winter I frequently made this for a warm comforting (albeit unconventional) breakfast by adding rotisserie chicken and sometimes a little ghee or extra virgin olive oil.
Here are the things I love about this "cheesy" cauliflower soup:
- You can feel really good about every single ingredient you're putting into your body with this soup.
- If you can turn on the microwave you can make this soup and it can be put together faster than you can order something or go pick up take-out.
- This can serve as a super satisfying snack (it only has about 140 calories but packs 20 grams of protein). This is loaded with flavor while also delivering a hefty dose of vegetables, protein, B-vitamins, and anti-inflammatory spices.
- The soup has a "cheesy" flavor thanks to nutritional yeast. I've professed my love for this ingredient before because it's a fantastic way for vegans and vegetarians to get a complete protein and B-vitamins. It has a slightly nutty cheesy flavor that I adore.
Your New Favorite 5 Minute "Cheesy" Cauliflower Soup
This nourishing comforting soup comes together in 5 minutes and makes the perfect snack on a cold day. For only 140 calories it packs 20 grams of protein. You can easily turn it into a meal by adding rotisserie chicken or beans and adding a little nourishing ghee or extra virgin olive oil for fat.
- 1 cup cauliflower rice, frozen*
- 1 cup chicken bone broth
- 3 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- salt and black pepper**, to taste
Pour the frozen cauliflower rice in a microwave safe bowl and cook for 4-4.5 minutes.
Add the bone broth to the bowl, stir, and microwave for 1 minute.
Add remaining ingredients, stir, and enjoy!
Optional: To make it a quick meal I love adding rotisserie chicken. For a vegetarian option you can sub the bone broth for vegetable stock and add tofu, tempeh, lentil, or beans.
Optional: Mix in a little ghee or extra virgin olive oil for a dose of healthy fats for a meal!
*I like to use ALDI's frozen cauliflower rice. Both the plain and garlic + parsley versions work great!
**Black pepper helps your body to absorb turmeric so make sure to include a pinch unless you have a sensitivity to it.
Leave a commentPlease log in or register to post a comment