How to Create Habits for Success
Is there something you would like to start doing consistently but you just can't seem to stick with it? It could be starting a fitness routine, meditating, practicing gratitude, starting a journal for success, etc. What is it for you?
Even when we really want to stick to something, life tends to get in the way. That's why I'm here to help! I am all about creating a lifestyle that optimizes your success in a sustainable way. Ultimately, that boils down to creating habits so you do those behaviors automatically without wasting mental energy on willpower or contemplating when you're going to fit it in. In today's video, I'm sharing 6 tips for creating habits that stick!
6 Tips for Creating Habits that Stick
- Start small. The first step is always the hardest. An object at rest stays at rest and an object in motion stays in motion. That first step to get the momentum going is the hardest so make it as easy as possible!
- Tie the behavior to an activity you automatically do every day.
- Identify the friction that's preventing the habit from sticking.
- Combine the new habit with something enjoyable.
- Shift your mindset to focus on WHY the habit is important to you and how great it will feel when you stay consistent with it.
- Create a negative consequence if you don't follow through with the promise you made to yourself to do that habit.
Is there a new habit you're trying to start? How is it going?
Leave a commentPlease log in or register to post a comment